What better way to start the New Year than with wine? Continue reading
Andrew is the minister at St Margaret’s in Christchurch. He preached this sermon on New Year’s Day 2017 at a combined service of the Knox, St Margaret’s St Mark’s, St Lukes & The Village congregations, held in the St Andrew’s College Memorial Chapel.
According to Rolling Stone magazine “Won’t Be Fooled Again” by The Who is the 134th greatest song of all time. For the young at heart I mean the theme music from CSI Miami.
From a certain point of view, this may be a pretty apt New Year resolution.
The song gets to the point most clearly in its famous last line, “Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.”
At the turn of the year we are again faced with news of self-interest, power and control. Somewhere between our memory and our dreams it can seem that things don’t really change. Continue reading
Vaughan Park Anglican Retreat Centre in Long Bay, Auckland has recently launched its Retreat Programme for 2017. Vaughan Park is a special place to go on retreat – a place of hospitality, conversation, healing and spiritual encounter. We would love to welcome people to this sacred space.
Over the years, we have enjoyed the company of many people from the PCANZ who have come to stay or held meetings at Vaughan Park. Might it be possible for Vaughan Park and the Retreat Programme to be mentioned in the next Candour blog with a link to the Programme? We think that there may be some Retreats that would be of interest to your readers.
If there is any further information we can help you with, please let us know.
Thank you for your help and support.
Blessings on your day,
February and March:
- Spirituality and Openness in an Inclusive Church – Led by Bishop David Gillett and Prof. Peter Lineham
- Gay and Straight together in the Body of Christ – Led by Bishop David Gillett and Prof. Peter Lineham
- The Gift of Gratitude: Discovering the year ahead – Facilitated by Jenny Johnson
- Journey into Lent: Preparation of My Soul – Led by Rev. Iain Gow
- Glimpses of Light: Living with Loss and Bereavement – Led by Rev. Dr. Hilary Oxford Smith
- Sacred Space: Weaving your story – Led by Rev. Dr Hilary Oxford Smith and Rev. Dr. Rebecca Prichard
31st March – 2nd April
For full details and to register please click on the linked retreat heading that you are interested in.